Monday, July 18, 2011

Diving Back In...

I have been absent for far too long...
I want to start writing again, but where to start....
anywhere, i guess...just dive in, right?

bear with me as i share some random things from my life lately:

1. I just got a new computer! So, now, it is much easier to be on the internet and connect with my friends and family! It's not a MacBook, but it will do for now. It's an HP, one size up from a mini, which will come in handy while traveling or making a pit stop at Starbucks!

2. I'm in dire need of a vehicle, I've been without one for some time and for the last 8 months, I've been living on a farm, so being able to go into town is a must! Thank God for other houseparents who are willing to take me along with them.

3. I've learned all sorts of things about taking care of a farm and farm animals. For instance, today I cleaned the stall of one of our baby 700lb steer and rinsed him off. Successfully, without any headbutting, I got the lead rope attached and got him tied up to the fence. Who knew scooping poop and hay could be so fun!?

4. I've been exercising at least 6 days a week and LOVING the results!!

5. For some odd reason, I started researching Graduate Programs at Eastern University. I'm not really sure if school is the next step for me, but if it is--I am very interested in their Urban Studies/Community Development or Non-Profit Degrees. Plus, I LOVE Philly and it's near a lot of the intentional communities I'm interested in.

6. One of my best friends in the entire world is coming home from Africa this week with her fiance!! I can. not. wait. to see her!! It's been nearly 2 years and that's way too long for besties! I can't wait to see him as well--excited that his visa was approved! Thank you, Jesus!

7. Julian Smith is one freakin' hilarious guy! I've been watching his videos on YouTube and laughing ridiculously. Seriously check him out! Some of my faves so far are: 'Red Eye Flashes Twice" "Racist Coffee" "Stuck in Your Head" You won't be disappointed.

8. I'm trying to make my list to ten...Harry Potter--so bittersweet. Yes, I did go to the theatre by myself to see it! I may or may not have cried...a lot. Will be going again on Friday!

9. I have pets. 4 Hermit Crabs. It's okay, go ahead and make fun, I'm used to it. But, I rather enjoy them.

10. I haven't been to the beach near enough, but I did find a beautiful beach that I will be returning to frequently down on Anna Maria Island. Pure Bliss. My birthday is coming up real soon, so hopefully a trip to the beach will be had!! :)

Next time, I promise a more narrative post...had to at least get my feet wet today!

No comments: